Free shipping may be possible - contact us
Secure online payment
Expert advice from real kiters
North Sonar Freeride Foil Edition 2020
The Sonar wing has a surface area of 850cm2 that provides for a low stalling speed and gives you enough time and better control to master new moves quickly. This setup really is perfect for free riding. It’s both smooth and forgiving, no matter wh...
The Sonar wing has a surface area of 850cm2 that provides for a low stalling speed and gives you enough time and better control to master new moves quickly. This setup really is perfect for free riding. It’s both smooth and forgiving, no matter what speed you’re foiling so you always have control.
The Sonar Freeride Edition, with 85cm Mast and 850 Performance Freeride Front Wing, holds lift through gybes and tacks without stalling. This well-balanced Foil System allows easy breach recovery and helps progress your foiling experience to the next level.
The Sonar Foil System can be mounted to any foil board with a 165x90mm bolt pattern.
Features & Benefits
- Carbon 850 front wing: Lightweight carbon sandwich construction with optimised profile and rounded outline for a playful and smooth ride without losing top speed thrills.
- Maximum Freeride Performance: Carries the lift through all manoeuvres and lets you step up your foil game with ease.
- Anhedral wing profile: With swept back outline allows for a more agile flight mode and roll stability during manoeuvres.
- Optimised low drag: Foil section allows for thrilling top end speeds combined with unbelievable low stall speed.
- Composite rear wing stabilizer: In perfect harmony with the Front Wing, our dihedral-shaped rear Stabilizer provides control and riding comfort, allowing fast pivoting turns and easy recovery from surface-breaching.
- Breach recovery: Surface piercing of the Stabilizer is not a problem, as the Front Wing sits deeper in the water and is still fully submerged, giving you that extra time to react and adjust your ride height.
- Hydrodynamically-optimised Fuselage: Precisely CNC-machined from 6061-T6 anodised aeronautical-grade aluminium for minimum resistance, with structurally engineered connections for an exceptional strength to weight ratio.
- 85cm Aluminium Mast: Ideal for Freeride foiling and increases overall ride performance in choppy conditions. This Mast length is perfect to heel over more, fly the kite lower and further power up the foil system for a more controlled high speed ride. It is also more forgiving in rougher conditions. Constructed from the highest quality aircraft grade 6061-T6 Anodised Aluminium.
- GeoLock: Engineered to last, our unique GeoLock tapered geometry locking system provides a more effective load-bearing connection between the Mast and Fuselage, locking them together, so they feel like one piece. Screws engage the GeoLock while load transfer now takes place over the full cross-section of the mast profile, allowing for a more efficient load transfer and longer-lasting connection.
- Board Adaptor: The Sonar Foil System is connected to the board by a lightweight CNC-machined aluminium Board Adaptor with a tapered geometry locking connection that engages with the mast. Fusing Board Adaptor and mast together to build one union for optimum load transfer and a stronger, more direct feeling and steering impulse when foiling.
- 165x90mm bolt pattern: The Sonar Foil System can be mounted to any foil board with a 165x90mm bolt pattern.
- INCLUDES: 850 Front Wing, Stablilzer, 85cm Mast, Fuselage, Board Adaptor, Foil Tool Set, Foil Screw Packs A, B, C and D, Wing Cover, Stabilizer Cover, Sonar Travel Bag