Free shipping may be possible - contact us
Secure online payment
Expert advice from real kiters
North Sonar Surf Edition Foil 2020
This large 1650cm2 wing is real crossover from Kite Foil to Foil Surf, SUP Foil, Wake Foil and Tow Foil Surf for all rider weights. The North Sonar Surf edition delivers a stable platform with very low drag to lift ratio and is paired with the 70c...
This large 1650cm2 wing is real crossover from Kite Foil to Foil Surf, SUP Foil, Wake Foil and Tow Foil Surf for all rider weights.
The North Sonar Surf edition delivers a stable platform with very low drag to lift ratio and is paired with the 70cm Mast for endless carving.
Pump with ease to connect multiple waves and make use of the fully interchangeable Sonar Foil System to extend your playtime on the water.
The Sonar Foil System can be mounted to any foil board with a 165x90mm bolt pattern.A stable platform with very low drag-to-lift ratio
Mounts to any foil board with 165x90 bolt pattern.
Includes: 1650 Front Wing, Stablilzer, 70cm Mast, Fuselage, Board Adaptor, Foil Tool Set, Foil Screw Packs A, B, C and E, Wing Cover, Stabilizer Cover, Sonar Travel Bag
Features & Benefits
- Carbon 1650 front wing: The ultimate in soaring comfort and performance, the lightweight carbon sandwich Sonar 1650 delivers a stable platform for surf foiling, with real crossover between Kite Foil, Foil Surf and SUP Foil for all rider weights.
- Interchangeable foil parts: Customise your ride with our fully modular system by changing to an 1150 or 850 Front Wing and an 85cm Mast to cover a wide range of disciplines and riding styles.
- Rounded outline with optimised profile: Creates a stable, forgiving platform.
- Effortless transitions: Between toe-side and heel-side.
- Extremely low profile: For an incredibly efficient lift to drag ratio.
- Breach recovery: Surface piercing of the Stabilizer is not a problem, as the Front Wing sits deeper in the water and is still fully submerged, giving you that extra time to react and adjust your ride height.
- Hydrodynamically-optimised fuselage: Precisely CNC-machined from 6061-T6 anodised aeronautical-grade aluminium for minimum resistance, with structurally engineered connections for an exceptional strength to weight ratio.
- 70cm aluminium mast: The ideal Mast height for a surf-style hydrofoil, perfect for prone foil-surfing in waves and for Freeride kite foiling in shallow waters. The aluminium mast's section profile reflects an optimised balance for strength to weight ratio.
- GeoLock: Engineered to last, our unique GeoLock tapered geometry locking system provides a more effective load-bearing connection between the Mast and Fuselage, locking them together, so they feel like one piece. Screws engage the GeoLock while load transfer now takes place over the full cross-section of the mast profile, allowing for a more efficient load transfer and longer-lasting connection.
- Board adaptor: The Sonar Foil System is connected to the board by a lightweight CNC-machined aluminium Board Adaptor with a tapered geometry locking connection that engages with the mast. Fusing Board Adaptor and mast together to build one union for optimum load transfer and a stronger, more direct feeling and steering impulse when foiling.
- 165x90mm bolt pattern: The Sonar Foil System can be mounted to any foil board with a 165x90mm bolt pattern.
"The Sonar is a great option for beginner foilers that need a friendly foil-up and slow speeds to master the basics with intuitive inputs and response. Intermediate and advanced carving freeride foilers will find its lower foil-down speed quite sufficient for carving and surfing swell and its handling quite receptive for more aggressive inputs with reliable and exciting carving output." - The Kiteboarder