Free shipping may be possible - contact us
Secure online payment
Expert advice from real kiters
Ocean Rodeo Shift Control Bar
The Ocean Rodeo Shift kite control bar is a next generation bar with the depower trim controlled from the bar. Like all the best designs, the Shift bar is simple: twist the the knob at the end of the bar to power-up; nudge the knob to depower. It ...
The Ocean Rodeo Shift kite control bar is a next generation bar with the depower trim controlled from the bar.
Like all the best designs, the Shift bar is simple: twist the the knob at the end of the bar to power-up; nudge the knob to depower.
It really is a simple as that. Which makes it one of the most user-friendly kite control bars we've ever seen.
Ocean Rodeo call the depower knob the Sidewinder and just one quarter turn delivers 1cm of trim. Five full rotations and you're powered up with 21cm of direct adjustment. Simply bump or nudge to depower in steps or for complete instant depower on the Shift kite control bar just use a swift downstroke.
Features & Benefits
- The Groove Bar - carbon composite build for strength and lightness. Ergonomically shaped for max comfort whilst kitesurfing. Easy-flush access for smooth reliable trim adjustment every time. Moulded EVA grip with integrated bar floats. Marine grade stainless steel. Centre hole highly tapered for smooth sheeting at extreme angles.
- Sidewinder - complete kite trim control with one knob. Keep both hands on the bar as you adjust the depower trim. Intuitive - helps you stay focused on your kitesurfing.
- Helix Force Tensioned Rear Lines - ensures the rear lines pay out even with slack back lines. Crucial when rigging on the beach - allows easy depower before kite launch - perfect spooling every time, regardless of line tension. Fast water relaunch using the beads on the back line leaders.
- Generation 8 Punch Out Trim Loop - reliable kite safety release in all conditions. Ocean Rodeo designed what is now the industry standard. Reliable in both slack line and full powered scenarios - a fast release in all situations. Tuned for easy operation in an emergency, yet secure enough for the normal bumps and bangs of kitesurfing.
- Liros Flying Lines - German-made premium kitesurfing lines. Plus a choce of pigtails to ensure it fits all types of 4-line kitesurfing kites.
"Clean, simple and a sound option for one bar to work with all your kites. The build is excellent and the concept even more so. For those looking to upgrade their bar this year and like the idea of everything close and compact this could well be the one for you." - iksurfmag